Friday, March 2, 2012

Swatch-off: Nicole by OPI My Lifesaver v. China Glaze For Audrey



In my last haul I purchase China Glaze For Audrey which I knew was very similar to a polish that I already had in my collection.  I decided to buy it anyway because I love China Glaze's formula and I really do like this color a lot.  After I got the polish home I really wanted to compare For Audrey to the Nicole by OPI My Lifesaver polish that I already had in my collection.  Looking at the bottles they looked almost exactly alike in color to me. (The picture doesn't really do what I am saying justice because of the lighting on the different shaped bottles.) So I decided to break out the nail wheel so I could swatch them and find out what the real deal was.


With the first coat of both polishes that I put on the nail wheel I could notice many differences that I did not see in the bottle.  The formula for My Lifesaver is ticker and went on very streaky.  For Audrey was much smoother to put on and had great opacity with one coat.  Color wise My Lifesaver is a hair lighter in color than For Audrey.


My Lifesaver reached better opacity with the second coat.  It also became slightly darker and closer in color with For Audrey.  While For Audrey didn't really need another coat I gave it one anyway and it pretty much looked the same as the first coat.

If I was picking between these two colors I would have to pick China Glaze For Audrey.  I like the slightly darker color more and the formula is much easier to work with. Also its less expensive than Nicole by OPI My Lifesaver, which means you get more bang for your buck! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment