Thursday, March 22, 2012

Design of the Day: Girl on Fire

In honor of the Hunger Games movie that is opening tonight I painted my nails to represent the character Katniss Everdeen, The Girl on Fire.  For this design I used China Glaze Riveting, and China Glaze Electrify.  Both of these colors are from the China Glaze Hunger Games Capitol Colours Collection.



I first started out with two coats of  Riviting, which is a bright orange color with a golden shimmer.  This color is perfect for a bright and cheery summer manicure.  In fact I ended up using it for my very first pedicure of the season!


Next I used Electrify to create a glitter gradient.  I used the brush that came in the bottle of polish.  I started by wiping as much of the glitter off the brush that I could then I painted the glitter on the top 3/4 of my nails, leaving the bottom 1/4 with no glitter on them.


Next I repeated the first step but with a little more glitter and only painting the top 1/2 of my nails.


Finally I put the final coat of glitter on the top 1/4 of my nails.



Finally I topped it off with two coats of Seche Vite top coat so that the glitter felt smooth.  I think this manicure looks pretty cool.  I love how the fire looks like it is rising.  Also the gold and red glitter in Electrify is beautiful.  It is so shimmery! I cannot stop staring at my nails!

What are you wearing on your nails for the Hunger Games premier tonight? Leave a comment here or on Facebook!

May the odds be ever in your favor!


3 comments:

  1. I'm going with the same combo! But I've never done any nail art, so I'll just layer. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are great colors that go so well together! I hope you enjoy them! :)

      Delete
  2. Riveting is such a great color! Love the combination with Electrify! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete