Thursday, March 8, 2012

Julep Melissa Swatches

When I saw the color Melissa in mu Julep Maven box I could not wait to try it out!  Julep says that Melissa is an opalescent top coat do I decided to try it out over the two other Julep polishes that I received this month and also on its own.


The top finger is one coat of Melissa on its own.  It is very sheer.  After two coats of the polish its was still very translucent, but I can only assume that it is because Melissa is meant to be a top coat.  Next I put it over Julep Charlotte.  This combination happens to be my favorite!  I love this blue green color that it brings out in Charlotte.  And last but not least I swatched it over Julep Jodie.  This was not my favorite combination.  It dulled the things about Jodie that I liked the most, like the shimmer and it gave the polish a very frosty look.  I cannot wait to do some more experimenting with this opalescent polish and see what other colors it works well with.

Do any of you have Julep Melissa? What other colors do you think it goes with? Leave a comment here or on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment