Saturday, March 10, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Design 3: Gold to Green Gradient

For todays St. Patrick's Day design I did a gold to green gradient.  Green because thats the color that everyone associates with Ireland and Gold because of pots of gold of course! For this design I used Sinful Colors This is it, Ulta Limelight, and China Glaze Holly-Day.


To create the gradient design I started out by coating my enitre nail in  This is it.


The I took a cosmetic sponge with  Limelight on it and covered 3/4th of my nail making sure to make the color darker towards the tip of my nail.


I then placed Holly-Day on the cosmetic sponge and covered the top half of my nail with it making sure that the top quarter of my nail was the darkest green.



After I was done with that I felt like the design was lacking some spice so I decied to go over the whole entire nail with a coat This is it. It really brough the look together and gave the design a nice sparkle.


What are some of your favorite St. Patrick's day nail designs?  Leave a comment here or on the Polished Paradise Facebook fan page!


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice work on the gradient effect!

    You might want to submit this to a contest we're holding, for St. Patrick's Day nail art. We hope you'll join! You could win a Dazzle Dry Nail Polish System kit and a bottle of your favorite nail lacquer, in a shade of green, from our collection.

    Visit us here! http://www.facebook.com/dazzledry?sk=app_316053348451613

    Thanks, and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will deff have to check out your contest!

      Delete