Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Break Sunshine!

Hello everyone and Happy Spring Break!  I officially start my spring break from college today, even though I don't get to go home till tomorrow... #RAproblems.  Since I had a lot of free time today I decided to experiment with a new design.  I was aiming for something that looked a little like sun in a blue sky.

For this design I used China Glaze Lemon Fiz, Orly Blue Collar, and China Glaze Solar Power.  I also used a Sally Hanson Nail Art Pen in Black for some accent lines.


First I started out with two coats of Lemon Fiz. Then I took some scotch tape and I used an Exacto Knife to cut the zig zag sun design into the tape.



After the two coats of Lemon Fiz were completely dry I placed the tape cut out on each nail as a guide to make the lines come out smooth.  It is important that after you paint your top color on, in my case the blue, that you pull the tape off right away.  This will insure that the line come out smooth.  As you can see sometimes they don't come out perfect (pinkie and ring finger nail) but you will be able to fix that later with a nail art pen.


After that I adds an accent stripe of Solar Power just to give the yellow a little sparkle.  While it isn't really that noticeable it looks really nice when the light catches it.



I finished the design off by tracing the rays with my black nail art pen.  This sharpened any of the lines that were not that smooth up and it gave the manicure great definition.  I think it looks like it came out of a comic book or something like that.  I am very happy with the way this came out and I am definitely going to be doing some more experimentation with tape in the future!

What do you guys think of this design and what other designs would you like to see?  Leave a comment here or on the Polished Paradise Facebook Page!


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I like these :) They do indeed look like some bright sunshine! With Easter on mind, they also looked like chicks cracking out of blue eggs haha.

    But I figured I'd let you know I returned the favor too:
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award :D
    http://galacticlacquer.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-first-blogger-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You very much! That is so kind of you! :)

      Delete