Thursday, April 19, 2012

Design of the Day: Triangle Tips

For my mani today I wanted to use the other two bottles that I bought at Ulta earlier this week.  I decided that it would be fun to make triangles on the tips of my nails using scotch tape.  The colors that I used for this manicure are OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam! and Zoya Tru.


I started out by painting all my nails with two coats of I Don't Give a Rotterdam!


Next I cut small strips of scotch tape to help create the guides for the triangles.  I use scotch tape a lot in my mani's and one thing that I find helps a lot is to stick the tape to the back of your hand before your stick it on to your nails.  This takes some of the stickiness off the tape and helps to prevent the tape from pulling your first layer of dry polish up.


After you place your guide down you can then paint your polish of choice within the guidelines.  For my mani I used Zoya Tru.  Another tip for working with scotch tape is to gently pull the tape off after you paint your polish on.  It is a lot easier to pull the tape off while the polish is wet and you will also end up with cleaner lines.


I am really excited with how this look came out in the end. I think that these two colors go very well together,  they both have very similar shimmers to them and they both catch the light nicely.  I think the triangles came out great too.  I really wanted to do double triangles but I could not find a third polish in my collection that went with the two.  Oh well maybe next time!

Have you ever tried a scotch tape mani? Let me know by leaving a comment here, on Facebook, or tweet me at @Polish_Paradise!




No comments:

Post a Comment