Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Silver and Gold, Silver and Gold... Oh and a little Blue too!

This week I have gotten a lot of awesome nail related goodies, so I decided to incorporate them into my manicure for today.  I received two Zoya polishes that I ordered this week, Zuza and Trixie, and I also bought some Kiss Nail Art rhinestones, I guess you could call them that.  They are more like metallic studs, but they look really cool.

For my manicure today I decided to use  Zoya Trixie and China Glaze Blue Year's Eve, with some of the Kiss Nail Art rhinestones for an accent nails.


The picture above shows one coat of both Trixie (Sliver) and Blue Year's Eve (Blue).  I am in love with Trixie, it is the PERFECT silver polish!  It was very opaque after one coat, but I put a second one on to fill in any gaps.  It is so reflective of the light,  it almost looks like you have aluminum foil on your nails!  Blue Year's Eve is a great color too.  It is a little on the thin side and needed three coats to be opaque.


This picture shows  Trixie at two coats and Blue Year's Eve at three.


I decided to put 3 of the square shaped gold rhinestones on each of my ring fingers in a straight line.  These are really easy to use.  You put a little pressure on them while they are on the sheet and then pull the one you want to use off.  The pressure is to assure that the adhesive sticker on the back of them stays on them.  They you place the rhinestone on your nail in the position you want it in and place a little more pressure on it.  Then top it with a generous coat of top coat to seal the stones to the nail.  I used Seshe Vite.

 
I love how this look came out!  I have gotten so many complements on them, and they were really simple to do.  I love the texture that it gives the nails.  I cannot wait to try some of the other rhinestones that came in the package!

Have you ever used rhinestones in a mani?  What do you think of them?  Leave a comment here, on Facebook, or tweet me @Polish_Paradise!


No comments:

Post a Comment