Lately I have really been wanting to try out Newspaper print nails again, but I really wanted to add something to them to give them my own unique spin. I decided that it would be really cool to see if I could make it look like there was coffee mug rings on the newspaper. For this design I used NYC French White Tip and China Glaze Ingrid.
For the Newspaper Nails:
1. Paint your nails with your base color. For me I used 3 coats of NYC French White Tip.
2. Wait for the polish to dry completely.
3. Take strips of news paper and dip them in rubbing alcohol and apply to the nail. Hold a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol over the paper strip on the nail.
4. Hold for 30-45 seconds on the nail.
5. Gently remove the paper strip and the cotton ball.
6. View your cool design!
7. Repeat on each nail.
For the Coffee Stains:
1. Dip the large end of a dotting tool in brown polish. I used China Glaze Ingrid.
2. Create a large dot on the nail.
3. Use the smaller dotting tool to scrape some of the brown polish out of the center of the dot so that it looks more like a ring.
4. Add little dribble dots with the smaller dotting tool to look like drops of spilt coffee around the ring.
5. Cover with top coat.
I am really excited with how this came out! It looks exactly like I had imagined it in my head! I think that this is a cute little spin on an already awesome design.
Have you tried newspaper nails? What do you think of them? Leave a comment here, on Facebook, or tweet me @Polish_Paradise!