Thursday, May 31, 2012

Blue Drag Marble Design

For my nails today I wanted to try something a little different and fun, so I did take on a drag marble.  I started with a base of Deborah Lippmann Let's Hear it for the Boy while it was still wet on my nail I used and orange stick or you could use a toothpick or dotting tool to drag lines of  color across my nails.  The colors I chose to drag were Zoya Trixie, China Glaze Blue Year's Eve, and Orly Blue Collar.  It is so simple to recreate this look.  One finger at a time paint a think coat of your base color (in my case Let's Hear it for the Boy) then dip what ever tool you choose to use in a polish and drag lines across your nail.  Repeat that with all the colors you want to put into your design.  Then repeat the steps on each nail.

Left Hand:

 Right Hand:

I like how this design came out.  It reminds me of a watercolor painting or something like that.  The design is simple but it is still eye catching and very stunning.

What do you think of this design?  Leave a comment here, on Facebook, or tweet me @Polish_Paradise!


No comments:

Post a Comment