Thursday, August 16, 2012

Marina and the Diamonds Nail Art!

Hello friends!  I know it has been a while since I last updated but that will all be changing soon as the summer starts to slow down.  I have been a very busy bee with work for the past few weeks but things are finally starting to wrap up be for September when I start my first semester of Graduate school.

Anyway... I am a huge fan of the band Marina and the Diamonds!  She is a Welsh singer who is quite awesome.  Recently she came out with her second album called Electra Heart and was touring.  I got lucky and I am able to see her twice during this time period.  Yesterday was the first of two!  I got to see her YouTube Presents performance live in the studio with around 200 other fans!  She was so close I could almost reach out and touch her!  She played a really awesome acoustic set that featured 5 songs off her new album.  Tonight I am going to see her at a larger venue in NYC which I am extremely excited about!  In honor of all this excitement I decided to paint my nails in a Marina and the Diamonds theme!



I started out with two coats of Zoya Kimber on all my fingers except my ring finger where I used 3 coats of Barielle Starchild.  Marina is all about being a pop icon that is why I chose pink and the glittery accent nail kind of looks like diamonds from the distance.  The Diamonds are not actually Marinas backing band; Marina considers The Diamonds to be her fans,  that is why I decided to use it as my accent nail concept.  Then using a Bundle Monster stamping plate that had a small heart design on it and Essence Black is Back, I stamped two hearts on each nail.  Then I added Nails Inc. Electric Lane holographic top coat on top of each of the hearts to give them an electric look making them Electra Hearts!

Here are some pictures from the show:



And if you are interested in hearing what Marina sounds like I have included a link to a YouTube video of her doing an acoustic performance of one of my favorite songs off her new album called Lies.

Have you ever done nail art based off of music?  Leave a comment here, on Facebook, or tweet me @Polish_Paradise!


No comments:

Post a Comment